Check your balance….meal balance that is!
We have been serving up balanced nutrition to the community for almost five years now but what does balanced mean and why do we love it so much!?
Here at TB balanced means a food or beverage that provides each macronutrient as well as nutritional value other than just calories (vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, etc).
The top reasons we promote balanced eating are as follows:
1. Each macronutrient plays a part in the digestion and absorption of essential nutrients and energy.
2. Each macronutrient and micronutrient plays a part in body functions. For example, carbohydrates are the preferred source of energy for the brain and muscles, proteins are functional in the body acting as building blocks for enzymes, hormones, and tissue in the body, etc.
3. Each macronutrient plays a part in how you feel after a meal (satiated, satisfied, etc).
4. Low nutritive/high energy foods (the opposite of balanced) available in our environment typically cause imbalance in the body when consumed in large quantities for most.
5. Consuming balanced meals and snacks on a rhythmic schedule in proper portion size for the individual can promote optimal blood sugar balance as well as optimal digestion and absorption of the foods we eat.
If you are someone wanting better digestion and gut health, clearer skin, less irritability, better mood, weight loss, less sweet cravings, hormone balance (to name a few) switching over to a balanced eating pattern is likely a great starting point for you.
It seems we are often looking outside of ourselves for a magic pill, topical, cleanse or procedure that will promote the change we seek but all too often the change we seek starts WITHIN US with the day to day lifestyle choices we make. 🙌
Have questions about balanced eating specific to your personal needs?
Booking a FREE discovery call with one of our dietitians is quick and easy through the link in our bio.
We look forward to hearing from you!
21 hours ago